What It Takes
What it Takes to be a Medical Scribe
You’ve probably heard about us from a friend or a recruiter. Perhaps you found us by browsing online. Either way, you’re here and you want to learn what it takes to become part of the ScribeConnect family.
Working as a scribe provides tremendous opportunities for you in the field of medicine. Before applying, review the following basic requirements and recommendations.
Requirements for all scribe applicants:
- Energetic, positive attitude
- Works well in groups and in loud, stressful, and fast-paced situations (Very important!)
- 18 years of age or older upon applying
- High school diploma or GED
- High level of computer literacy
- Be able to type > 60 wpm
- Clear interest in pursuing a career in the clinical medical field
The following are highly valued and strongly recommended in all applicants:
- Fluent in a second language
- Completed at least 64 units at an accredited 2-year or 4-year college/university
- Have completed courses in Anatomy, Physiology, and Medical Terminology with a C or better
- Letter of recommendation from one professor, employer, and one personal friend/mentor (No family members)
- Previous experience in/exposure to the medical field
If you believe you have what it takes, apply today.